If you and your spouse or partner want to stay out of court and don’t want to hire separate lawyers, consider hiring Jackie as your mediator. She can help complete your case from start to finish in a cost-effective manner, including filing the Petition to begin the divorce proceedings, making sure financial disclosure documents are completed by both of your and exchanged in a timely manner, and preparing the Marital Settlement Agreement after a settlement is reached. Each of you can have an independent attorney of your choice review the Martial Settlement Agreement to make sure you are comfortable with all of the terms before you sign it.
As your mediator, Jackie is completely neutral. She does not represent either party and does not take sides. She will openly explain to both of you what your rights and obligations are and will give her opinion of how a judge might rule should you end up going to court in the event you do not reach an agreement. She will share with both parties different child and spousal support scenarios, offer creative suggestions on dividing assets and debts, and working through child custody and visitation issues.
Benefits of mediation include:
- You and your spouse or partner can reach non-standard agreements that work for your unique circumstances.
- The process is completely confidential and nothing that is said in mediation can be used against either party if you later decide to go to court.
- Mediation is almost always less expensive than going to court.
- A full resolution of all issues can usually be accomplished within just a few sessions.
- You can schedule the sessions when it is convenient for you rather than waiting weeks or perhaps months for a court date.